This release note provides information on the latest posting of ATI's industry leading software suite, Catalyst™. The Catalyst™ 5.7 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides full driver support for platforms using either the AMD (Opteron, Athlon64) or the Intel EM64T architecture.
Note: The ATI Catalyst™ 5.7 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition software driver does not support the Intel Itanium 2 processor based server platforms.
The Catalyst™ 5.7 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Release Note provides information on the following:
- Web Content
- Desktop product family support
- New Features
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
- ATI Customer Care
- Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback Program
The Catalyst™ 5.7 software suite for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition contains the following:
Desktop product family support
The Catalyst™ software suite for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
- RADEON™ X850 series
- RADEON™ X800 series
- RADEON™ X700 series
- RADEON™ X600 series
- RADEON™ X300 series
- RADEON™ 9500 series and above
- RADEON™ Xpress 200 series
This section provides information on new features introduced in the latest release of the Catalyst™ Software Suite. New features include:
Catalyst™ Control Center Support
Catalyst™ 5.7 introduces Catalyst™ Control Center support for the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating system. The Catalyst™ Control Center is a feature-rich and stable 3D acceleration control application that provides control of the ATI visual processing unit (VPU). The Catalyst Control Center offers exceptional graphics performance and visual quality for the ultimate in performance, and stability.
ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Catalyst™ 5.7 introduces software driver support for systems using either the AMD (Opteron, Athlon64) or the Intel EM64T architecture, and containing the ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 series product and running the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating system.
Note: The ATI Radeon® Software Driver for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition does not support the Intel Itanium 2 processor based server platforms.
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst™ for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. These include:
- Placing two ATI graphics adapters into a system containing on-board third party graphics no longer results in rotation function not working properly for displays 2 and 3
- A temporary lose of signal is no longer noticed between the displaying of the XP flag and the Welcome screen when booting the Windows XP or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating systems
- The TV audio no longer becomes corrupt after multiple channel changes
The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of Catalyst™ for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. These include:
- Medal of Honor Pacific Assault: Playing the game under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition followed by launching the Catalyst Control Center and making changes to the 3D color gamma results in the changes not taking effect within the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19789
- MVP Baseball 2005: Setting the in game display resolution to be the same as the desktop resolution followed by playing the game under the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating system may result in the inability to task-switch between the game and other applications that maybe running. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19790
- Using Movie Maker 2.1 to capture video under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition results in the captured video being corrupt. eHome Wonder™ issue. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19820
ATI Customer Care
ATI Customer Care has recently upgraded their website to provide a higher level of technical support and easy of navigation. The ATI Customer Care website provides more accurate and up-to-date product support for optimum usability and performance. Technical issues are now categorized and personalized to enhance user experience. The ATI Customer Care Website can be found at: support.ati.com
To view a known or resolved issue, do the following:
- Go to: support.ati.com. The ATI Customer Care web page is displayed.
- In the top left hand pane, click Advanced Search. The Advanced Search pane is displayed.
- Under Search Type: Select the By: ID option.
- Enter the Topic number.
- Click Go.
Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback Program
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback program. To provide us with your feedback, visit: Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback.
Note: You must be registered and signed in to access the Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback program. Once you have registered, go to the ticket submission form, and select Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback as the category.
ATI Technologies Inc.
Voice: (905) 882-2600
Fax: (905) 882-2620