This release note provides information on the latest posting of ATI's industry leading software suite, Catalyst™. The Catalyst™ 5.6 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides full driver support for platforms using either the AMD (Opteron, Athlon64) or the Intel EM64T architecture.
Note: The ATI Catalyst™ 5.6 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition software driver does not support the Intel Itanium 2 processor based server platforms.
The Catalyst™ 5.6 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Release Note provides information on the following:
- Web Content
- Desktop product family support
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
- ATI Customer Care
- Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback Program
The Catalyst™ 5.6 software suite for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition contains the following:
Desktop product family support
The Catalyst™ software suite for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support the following ATI desktop products:
- RADEON™ X850 series
- RADEON™ X800 series
- RADEON™ X700 series
- RADEON™ X600 series
- RADEON™ X300 series
- RADEON™ 9500 series and above
- RADEON™ Xpress 200 series
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst™ for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. These include:
- Installing the display driver on an AMD Opteron or Athlon64 running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition no longer results in the TV support not appearing in the Display Page of the control panel
- The ATI Desktop Help window is no longer displayed when rebooting the system after the ATI display driver installation for the ATI Radeon® X300 or X600 series under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Installing an ATI Radeon® X700 in an Intel EM64T system running Windows XP Profession x64 Edition no longer results in a message indicating that the AMD64 Control Panel is loading when launching the control panel
- Setting DXVA-ON (1) no longer results in the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition failing to respond when play a DVD using WinDVD version 5
The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of Catalyst™ for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. These include:
- Placing two ATI graphics adapters into a system containing on-board third party graphics results in rotation function not working properly for displays 2 and 3. Further information can be found in topic number 737-19545
ATI Customer Care
ATI Customer Care has recently upgraded their website to provide a higher level of technical support and easy of navigation. The ATI Customer Care website provides more accurate and up-to-date product support for optimum usability and performance. Technical issues are now categorized and personalized to enhance user experience. The ATI Customer Care Website can be found at: support.ati.com
To view a known or resolved issue, do the following:
- Go to: support.ati.com. The ATI Customer Care web page is displayed.
- In the top left hand pane, click Advanced Search. The Advanced Search pane is displayed.
- Under Search Type: Select the By: ID option.
- Enter the Topic number.
- Click Go.
Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback Program
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback program. To provide us with your feedback, visit: Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback.
Note: You must be registered and signed in to access the Catalyst™ Crew Driver Feedback program. Once you have registered, go to the ticket submission form, and select Catalys™ Crew Driver Feedback as the category.
|ATI Technologies Inc.
Voice: (905) 882-2600
Fax: (905) 882-2620